Summary: "Here is a book that takes the time to identify and define all of the pre-requisite parts of a corporate business intelligence world from the point of view of the expected BI benefits. David Loshin simplifies complicated topics in order to emphasize the true power of organized information."
-Adrienne Tannenbaum - President, Database Design Solutions, Inc.
"Relief from the mundane and ineffective writings that take up valuable space on man ...show morey practitioner bookshelves ... This Savvy Manager's Guide is a thorough and pleasant read that should be included in the toolkit of all Business Intelligence managers." -Robert S. Seiner, Publisher, The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com), President & Principal, KIK Consulting & Educational Services
How can a manager transform a company's wealth of information into profits? The answer lies in this book. Business intelligence (BI) is the sum total of best practices, tools, methods, and processes used to transform an organization's data into actionable knowledge. Written by an expert in data management and knowledge discovery to enhance business applications, Business Intelligence: The Savvy Manager's Guide outlines the technical, management, and political issues for building a successful business intelligence and information exploitation program--from the basics of a BI plan to the actual use of discovered knowledge.
Business Intelligence: The Savvy Manager's Guide:
* Provides clear explanations without technical jargon, followed by in-depth descriptions.
* Articulates the business value of new technology, while providing relevant introductory technical background.
* Contains a handy quick-reference to technologies and terminologies.
* Guides managers through developing, administering, or simply understanding business intelligence technology.
* Bridges the business-technical gap.
* Is Web enhanced. Companion sites to the book and series provide value-added information, links, discussions, and more. ...show less