This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Mallor, Barnes, Bowers and Langvardt's: Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment, 13e is appropriate for the two-term business law course. The cases in the 13th edition are excerpted and edited by the authors. The syntax is not altered, therefore retaining the language of the courts. As in the 12th edition, the 13th edition includes a mix of actual AND hypothetical cases.
...show more;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 13TH 07
- Chapter 4, Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Critical Thinking includes two additional section:
- How to lead ethically, that is, how to ensure that those under one's direction, management, and guidance act in an ethical way.
- Common characteristics of decisions gone wrong. This section meshes the material on ethics and critical thinking, concluding with a list of factors that commonly lead to bad decisions, such as complexity of a problem, low margin for error, and cognitive biases that increase risk and lead to over-confidence.
- Material on the unintended effects of Sarbanes Oxley has been added, including 1) an increase in going private (public companies choosing no longer to be public), 2) reduced quality audits by independent audit firms that have a lower understanding of the client's business, and 3) companies choosing to incorporate under foreign jurisdiction.
- Chapter 43 now includes material on the convictions and acquittals of high-profile corporate executives such as Dennis Kozlowski (Tyco), Bernie Ebbers (Enron), and Richard Scrushy (HealthSouth).
- Bankruptcy Chapter now incorporates the major changes to the Act as a result of legislation passed in April 2005. These are the most significant changes since the 1978 Act.
- Chapter 46, Legal and Professional Responsibilities of Auditors, Consultants, and Securities Professionals expands the coverage of securities professionals and coverage of the actual effects of Sarbanes Oxley on the accounting profession.
Publisher: Richard D. Irwin, Inc.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Business Law : Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment - With 2 DVDS: