Summary: Duane Davis teaches students and managers how to develop ways to efficiently and effectively plan, collect, organize, and assimilate information to make informed business decisions. Reflecting the ever-increasing changes in the tools and technology available today, the book includes recent advancements in the field of business research such as the use of the Internet, qualitative research, and modern analytical tools (SPSS and Excel). Overall, students and managers l ...show moreearn the fundamentals of conducting research and making good decisions based on the results. This new edition is available packaged with the SPSS Student Version Software.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 05
- NEW! The new Chapter 2 provides expanded coverage of information, research, and knowledge management.
- NEW! A new part of the book features a wealth of research cases.
- NEW! The text and examples have been carefully edited and redesigned for clarity and ease of understanding.
- Organizes the material around the process of conducting research in business (planning, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting), while emphasizing the latest developments in technology available to the business researcher.
- Includes the Practitioner's Guide to Secondary Business Information Resources. This special "book within a book" is a helpful and practical guide for research.
- Integrates software and technology throughout and provides Internet-based exercises at the end of every chapter.
- Enables students to contemplate the effect of gathering information on a global scale through real life examples.
- Presents contemporary research issues including the impact of the Internet; ethical issues in conducting research; analyzing advancements and effects of data warehousing, data mining, and modeling.
- Contains Microsoft Excel and SPSS output.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005