Summary: For three-semester undergraduate-level courses in Calculus.
This text combines traditional mainstream calculus with the most flexible approach to new ideas and calculator/computer technology. It contains superb problem sets and a fresh conceptual emphasis flavored by new technological possibilities. The Calculus II portion now has a new focus on differential equations.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 02
- ...show moreNEW-CD Shows animations of nearly all the text examples. It also has the entire book in Maple notebooks.
- NEW-An entire chapter devoted to calculus of transcendental functions-Combines parts of two previous chapters into the new Ch. 7.
- Provides students with a clearer explanation of this subject within one solid, unified, and fully rewritten chapter.
- NEW-Expanded treatment of differential equations (New Chapter 9).
- Introduces students to both direction fields and Euler's method together with the more symbolic elementary methods and applications for both first- and second-order equations.
- NEW-1040 new True/False Questions-Available on the CD. They focus on theory and push the student to read.
- NEW-Reorganized content-Covers applied max-min problems in Ch.3 and defers related rates to Ch.4.
- Offers students the opportunities to focus on and study these challenging topics in separate chapters-and test their knowledge of them in separate unit tests.
- Approximately 7000 total problems and interesting applications-Covers all ranges of difficulty, highly theoretical and computationally oriented problems.
- Encourages students to learn by doing.
- Technology projects-Features icons that take users to Maple/ Mathematica/MATLAB/Calculator resources on the CD-ROM.
- Gives students the opportunity to apply conceptually based technology following key sections of the text.
- 320 Section-ending Concepts: Questions & Discussion.
- Serves students with a basis for either writing assignments or class discussion.
- Small optional section of matrix terminology and notation in the multivariable portion of the text.
- A lively and accessible writing style.
- Helps students feel comfortable with the topics covered, and their ability to master them.
- Most visual text on the market.
- Highlights are hundreds of Mathematica and MATLAB generated figures.
Publisher: Pearson Custom
Year Published: 2002