Summary: The classroom-tested approach of Caminos develops and reinforces introductory Spanish students' linguistic proficiency and cultural awareness through a series of motivating experiences that prepares them for further study and real-life interaction in Spanish. Developed simultaneously, the print and multimedia components of this flexible technology-rich program accommodate diverse scheduling factors, contact hours, and course objectives, as well as different instructio ...show morenal venues and learning styles. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 02
- New! A manageable new chapter organization and compelling design enhance the text's visual appeal and immediately capture students' interest.
- New! Vocabulary, grammar, readings, culture, and accompanying exercises throughout the text have been rewritten, revised, or resequenced.
- New! The Instructor's Annotated Edition has been expanded to include classroom management strategies, in-depth teaching notes, cultural explanations and connections, and a more comprehensive answer key.
- New! The award-winning Caminos del jaguar Video is available on DVD. Users now have the option of viewing this action-packaged mystery-adventure video with Spanish subtitles and episode summaries.
- New! Coming in Summer 2002, Caminos Interactive! A revolutionary media-rich, interactive version of the Caminos textbook, delivered on CD-ROM. It presents content in a multimedia format with a variety of interactive question types, and supports reference components, such as a grammar manual and a bilingual dictionary. It features a browser that can be used for viewing a rich media database, and a whiteboard that allows students to manipulate media for classroom presentations.
- New! Vocabulary and grammar have been streamlined, reorganized, and sequentially numbered within each chapter for ease of reference. These cohesive presentations provide flexibility to fulfill a range of course objectives and teaching styles.
- New! Vocabulario sections combine a thematic presentation of vocabulary with relevant cultural materials. Vocabulary terms are accompanied by illustrations, realia, or other visuals, and are practiced through a variety of activities including pair and group work. The new Cognados box helps students to easily recognize and build a vocabulary base. The new Vocabulario en acción feature highlights key terms used in the video.
- New! Recorded on the Student Audio Program (audio CD or cassette), new audio-based vocabulary exercises contextualize active terms and enhance student understanding of the language.
- New! Cultura notes present information on the traditions, pastimes, and geography of a wide variety of Spanish-speaking countries. Accompanying each culture note is a new Por Internet mini-section, which offers suggestions for further research on the web and encourages active use of the language.
- New! Videodrama video-viewing section contains completely revised previewing activities that activate prior knowledge and ask students to make predictions; activities that check comprehension; and post-viewing activities that offer creative, open-ended tasks related to the video narrative. The new Videonota explains a relevant cultural item from the video and the new Resumen del video briefly summarizes the segment in English.
- New! The completely revised Estructura sections feature a functionally sequenced grammar presentation in English with activities for practice such as group and pair exercises, illustration-based tasks, and role-plays. New video-based grammar exercises aid students in understanding video segments more quickly.
- New! Four new icons (pair, group, video, and audio) and video time codes appear throughout the text chapters to aid instructors with course management.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Caminos / With Cassette: