This edition has also been released as:
Summary: New Features Edition/Copyright: 05
- Capstone Billing Simulation teaches transferable skills. Through studying how to use Medisoft in a simulated job environment, students develop the skills and knowledge to quickly learn to use any medical billing software they encounter during employment in medical offices.
- NDCMedisoft Advanced Version 9 patient billing software, a full-featured software program, is available to ...show more adopters. Contact your McGraw-Hill representative to request software.
- The organization of the book--the introductory part setting the stage for the work experience and the On the Job section covering two weeks' billing tasks--extends students' billing skills. In the Introduction, students learn about the job environment--the physicians in the practice, the work rules, and their role as patient services specialist--and study the practice's Policy and Procedures Manual, which offers a realistic exposure to actual work setting. In the On the Job section, each day's work is clearly presented, and additional Medisoft skills are taught in context.
- The billing tasks represent a realistic mix of HMO, PPO, and fee-for-service cases.
- The simulation format fits the curricular requirement for a culminating work experience that permits students to integrate acquired billing skills in a realistic manner.
- Instructors can easily check student progress, a removable short-answer Daily Worksheet follows each day's task listing.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2005