- Provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art coverage of cardiovascular and coronary physiology
- The latest advances in knowledge about molecular biology and inflammatory response mechanisms
- Preoperative assessment and management, including all the latest diagnostic techniques
- The anaesthetic pharmacology of the cardiac patient.
- New section -- Managed Care and Implications for Cardiac Su ...show morergery that explores the impact of managed care on the practice of cardiac surgery and anaesthesia, and New chapters -- Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Inflammation and Sepsis, Coagulation Monitoring, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Up-to-date and completely revised throughout, also includes information directly applicable to the patient with cardiac disease undergoing non-cardiac surgery.
- Offers greatly expanded coverage of treatment of chronic cardiac conditions
- Cardiovascular physiology and monitoring
- New anaesthetic agents
- Minimally invasive surgery
- And heart failure management
"Every anesthesiologist will greatly benefit from the third edition of Cardiac Anesthesia ... Comprehensive, very readable, well illustrated and fully referenced ... The standard cardiac anesthesia reference textbook with which all others will be compared." -- Anesthesia and Analgesia ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 99
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 1999