Summary: Case Management in Health Care is a comprehensive reference designed to educate nurses and other health care professionals on the processes involved in case management. This reference discusses interventions and collaboration efforts that are necessary to move the patient through the continuum of care. It explores the changes in case management and it explains the financial, legal, and service aspects of this field. It is appropriate for nursing students (undergradua ...show morete and graduate) as well as for practicing case managers.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 03
- Focuses on the most current topics that are based on the changes and trends in case management and health care.
- Addresses health care policies, laws and regulations as they apply to a case manager's day-to-day responsibilities.
- Presents the basics on health insurance and the alternate funding programs equipping case managers to become active advocates for their patients.
- Explores the pitfalls and barriers frequently encountered when locating appropriate patient resources, and explains how to overcome them.
- Discusses various levels of care and treatment settings outside the acute care setting (ex. skilled nursing facility and home health care).
- Explains the increasing number of case management models that are being used in various clinical settings.
- Compares the roles and responsibilities of a utilization manager and a case manager, emphasizing the need for their collective efforts in providing quality patient care.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2003