This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The primary goal of this book is to present cases that will familiarize communications students with authoritative judicial reasoning on key principles of communications law. Most of the cases are from the Supreme Court of the United States and stand as precedents that all other courts in the nation must follow.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
- CASES IN COMMUNICATION LAW contains carefully selected cases from ...show more the state courts and lower federal courts in order to provide a more complete and up-to-date picture of communications law, along with a few classic cases.
- Intended for students in journalism, telecommunications and other communications fields, the judicial opinions in this book have been edited to only focus on substantive points of communications law.
- Most of the formal legal citations were omitted from these cases to improve readability. Only those citations pertaining to other highly instructive or landmark cases have been retained. For the same reason, judicial footnotes also have been deleted from the cases.
- This book is intended as a companion to Zelezny's textbook COMMUNICATIONS LAW: LIBERTIES, RESTRAINTS AND THE MODERN MEDIA, FOURTH EDITION and follows the same organization of that text.
- NEW!-Ten new cases have been added to this edition.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2004