Summary: Catullus: Expanded Edition provides the Latin text of 42 Catullus poems, each of which is accompanied by a headnote that serves as a pre-reading aid and facing-page notes and vocabulary. Includes Poems 1-5, 7, 8, 10-14a, 22, 30, 31, 35, 36, 40, 43-46, 49-51, 60, 64 (lines 50-253), 65, 68-70, 72, 76, 77, 84-87, 96, 101, 109, 116.
- Latin text of 42 Catullus poems
- Introductory headnote, commentary, and vocabulary aids for each poem ...show more
- A separate Latin text only section
- An introduction to the life of Catullus
- Three appendices
- additional poems of Catullus with commentary and vocabulary (contains Poems 9, 27, 34, 53, 62, 75, 83, 92, 95, 95B, 107)
- figures of speech
Henry V. Bender is the coauthor (with David J. Califf) of Poet and Artist: Imaging the Aeneid (Bolchazy-Carducci, 2004), coauthor (with Phyllis Young Forsyth) of Catullus Expanded Edition (Bolchazy-Carducci, 2005), author of A Horace Reader for Advanced Placement (Focus, 1998), coauthor (with Phyllis Young Forsyth) of Catullus: AP Edition (Bolchazy-Carducci, 1996), and author of The Civilization of Ancient Rome: an Archaeological Perspective (University Press of America, 1986). He is a column editor of the Classical World, past president of CAAS, and a past president of the Philadelphia Classical Society. Dr. Bender has taught at both the secondary and college levels at The Hill School, St. Joseph's Preparatory School, Villanova University, College of the Holy Cross, and St. Joseph's University.
Phyllis Young Forsyth has authored The Poems of Catullus and Thera in the Bronze Age as well as numerous chapters in books, articles, and reviews. She is a past editor of Labyrinth and has served on the executive committees of the Classical Association of Canada and the Ontario Classical Association. Phyllis Forsyth is a Distinguished Professor of Classical Studies Emerita from the University of Waterloo.
* AP is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.