Summary: For over twenty years, Cecil Essentials of Medicine has been a trusted and respected name in medicine. The new, 6th Edition carries on this legacy, laying the groundwork for effective diagnosis and treatment and encapsulating the core of internal medicine in an easy-to-read format. From recent developments in genetics and immunology to innovations in therapeutic approaches, readers will find concise coverage of today's best concepts and techniques.
New t ...show moreo this Edition
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 04
- Access to a single cecilmedicine.com website - a unified gateway to Cecil Essentials of Medicine content and Cecil Textbook of Medicine content and PDA downloads.
- Presents new material on molecular diagnostics and the molecular therapies now being used in practice.
- Offers a new section, Men's Health, that covers erectile function and dysfunction, common tumors (penile, testicular, and prostate), and general health issues.
- Includes a new chapter on Bioterrorism, in the Infectious Disease section.
- Incorporates "Future Trends" boxes to highlight the scientific developments that will soon impact the clinical management of disease.
- Uses an all-new full-color design, with new full-color figures and clinical photographs, to enhance readability and to better illustrate the presentation of common diseases.
- Updates all of the references to focus on key journal articles.
- Features the expertise of seven new section editors.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Cecil Essentials of Medicine: