Summary: Written for general chemistry courses, particularly honors-level or accelerated courses, Chemical Principles, 2/e helps students develop chemical insight by showing the connections between chemical principles and their applications. The authors begin with a detailed picture of the atom and build toward chemistry's frontier, continually demonstrating how to solve problems and encouraging students to question, reason, consider nature and matter, and think visually abou ...show moret the chemical concepts they learn. Feature Edition/Copyright: 2ND 02
New to this Edition
- Unique atoms-first organization builds student understanding of the concepts of chemistry by starting with the behavior of atoms and molecules and moving up to more complex properties and interactions.
- Fundamentals sections at the beginning of the book offers a quick review of basic chemistry that students should know coming into the course.
- Fully integrated media program.
- Media Links lead students to the text's Web site, where they will find:
- Living Graphs that can be manipulated
- Animations showing motion, three dimensions, and atomic and molecular interactions
- Lab Video clips of many of the reactions in the book
- Tools to help students calculate, graph, and explore
- In-Chapter Examples of how to use the online tools and other resources
- End-of-Chapter Exercises that enable students to solve problems using media
- Some material from Fundamentals has been moved into the main body of the text.
- New and updated Impact on Materials sections explores the burgeoning field of materials chemistry while reinforcing chemical principles.
- New "How do we use this information to" boxes demonstrate how to use mathematical concepts.
- Each Toolbox now includes a conceptual basis, and is immediately followed by an example. The number of toolboxes in this edition has doubled.
- New exercises at all levels of difficulty, including questions that require students to use media in problem solving. The number of more challenging problems in this edition has increased.
Publisher: W.H. Freeman
Year Published: 2002
Other Editions of Chemical Principles : The Quest for Insight: