Summary: CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES IN THE LABORATORY, Eighth Edition continues to build on its strengths by clearly presenting the basic principles of chemistry. The lab manual continues to maintain the high quality, time-tested experiments and techniques that have become hallmark features throughout the life of this title.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 8TH 05
- NEW!-Most of the "Advance Student Assignments" (questions ...show moreat the end of each experiment) have been revised.
- The "Advance Study Assignments" (ASA's) provide students with sample questions, usually involving calculations that are similar to those required in processing the data obtained in each experiment. Students who complete the ASA's prior to coming to lab should have no trouble working up the data they actually observe in the lab session.
- NEW!-Experiment 5, "Identification of a Compound by Mass Relationships has been revised for clarity.
- NEW!-Experiment 8, "Verifying the Absolute Zero of Temperature" features a new procedure that does not involve a mercury manometer.
- NEW!-The Eighth Edition includes a new Experiment 15, "Vapor Pressure and heat of Vaporization of Liquids" that offers a better method for measuring vapor pressure.
- NEW!-A new Experiment 19, "Molar Mass Determination by Depression of the Freezing Point," uses water as the solvent for freezing point depression.
- NEW!-The procedures for Experiment 25, "pH Measurements: Buffers and Their Properties," and Experiment 42, "Rate Studies on the Decomposition of Aspirin," have been simplified.
- The direct approach of this laboratory manual has made it a "household" name in the General Chemistry laboratory market. Fully tested experiments have been consistently updated to maintain the integrity of this best-selling laboratory manual.
- Topics are presented clearly and the writing is user-friendly, while requiring students to read and demonstrate understanding of the material.
- Complete coverage of basic chemistry principles is provided.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Chemical Principles in the Laboratory: