Summary: * Combines academic theory with practical industry experience
* Updated to include the latest regulations and references
* Covers hazard identification, risk assessment, and inherent safety
* Case studies and problem sets enhance learning
Long-awaited revision of the industry best seller.
This fully revised second edition of Chemical Process Safety: Fundamentals with Applications combines rigorous academic methods wi ...show moreth real-life industrial experience to create a unique resource for students and professionals alike.
The primary focus on technical fundamentals of chemical process safety provides a solid groundwork for understanding, with full coverage of both prevention and mitigation measures. Subjects include:
* Toxicology and industrial hygiene
* Vapor and liquid releases and dispersion modeling
* Flammability characterization
* Relief and explosion venting
In addition to an overview of government regulations, the book introduces the resources of the AICHE Center for Chemical Process Safety library. Guidelines are offered for hazard identification and risk assessment. The book concludes with case histories drawn directly from the authors' experience in the field.
A perfect reference for industry professionals, Chemical Process Safety: Fundamentals with Applications, Second Edition is also ideal for teaching at the graduate and senior undergraduate levels. ...show less