This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Designed for undergraduate and graduate chemical engineering students, this book/disk package explains the rationale of thermodynamics from an experimental perspective. The Third Edition offers a thorough update and is unique in its recognition of the ever-expanding role of the personal computer in engineering practice. Would you be interested in a text that focuses on learning the "Why" as well as the "How" of thermodynamics and that int ...show moreegrates software to reinforce course concepts? Features Edition/Copyright: 3RD 99
- NEW - Includes a new chapter that presents the philosophy and practice of modeling thermodynamic systems.
- NEW - Features coverage of the thermodynamic analysis of chemical processes, the only text on the market to do so.
- NEW - Offers a companion CD-ROM that contains:
- Nine executable programs and three spreadsheets for carrying out professional-level calculations.
- POLYMATH, a general purpose numerical analysis software package.
- WASP, a computerized steam table.
- EQUATIONS OF STATE, a graphics program for visualizing thermodynamic processes in terms of three-dimensional PVT diagrams.
- Spreadsheets that provide details for the numerous text examples involving intensified computing.
- NEW - Offers a thorough treatment of complex chemical equilibrium using the POLYMATH mathematics software.
- Focuses on learning the why as well as the how of thermodynamics with many worked examples and over 500 problems to illustrate the material.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1999