Summary: This best-selling chemistry text integrates chemical principles and applications with generous amounts of descriptive chemistry. A uniquely beautiful and dynamic art program emphasizes the close relation between macroscopic observations of chemical and physical changes, the symbols we use to describe them, and the way we view those changes at the atomic and molecular level. Features
...show morex;margin:0px;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 99
- The authors' friendly writing style gently eases students into the principles of chemistry while providing current and interesting applications to increase student interest in science.
- Photos of chemical and physical changes and important chemicals and consumer products, as well as a colorful art program, reinforce the idea that chemistry is a dynamic and reactive science.
- An abundance of molecular models, all of which are also on the Saunders Web site, allow students to appreciate and absorb the important principles of molecular structure.
- Problem-Solving Tips and Ideas, A Closer Look, Current Perspectives, and Historical Perspectives, margin notes, worked examples, and exercises together enhance student learning.
- Acclaimed end-of-chapter pedagogy continues in Chapter High-lights and review and study questions, which are further broken down by category and often accompanied by photographs and molecular models.
Publisher: Saunders College Division
Year Published: 1999