Summary: Features Edition/Copyright: 95
- The practical approach is reinforced in a series of special features on topics of immediate concern to early childhood professionals.
- "Focus on Cultural Diversity" covers a range of topics designed to illustrate differences in customs and values among various groups of people. The theme of multiculturalism runs through the text portion of th ...show moree chapters as well, with topics such as curriculum, play, and classroom management discussed from a multicultural perspective.
- "Focus on Communicating" presents discussions of both ordinary everyday problems and extremely sensitive topics. The feature illustrates one way - not necessarily the best - that a caregiver might communicate with parents or children. It invites students to consider other ways of handling the communications.
- "Focus on Decision Making" challenges students to decide what they would do as child care professionals in a particular situation.
- "Focus on Child Care Issues" presents different points of view on important topics in early childhood education and encourages students to evaluate these views and form their own opinions.
Publisher: Glencoe Publishing Co.
Year Published: 1995