Summary: For courses in Educational Psychology, Advanced Educational Psychology, and General Methods for the elementary, middle school, or secondary levels.Edition/Copyright: 05
This brief text is a perfect resource for all educators seeking research on the best strategies for raising student achievement through classroom instruction. A guide for educators of students in K-12, readers will find a wealth of research evidence, statistical data, and case studies. Nine categories of instr ...show moreuctional strategies that maximize student learning are introduced, along with the pertinent information to understand and synthesize each.
- Research evidence, statistical data, and case studies on strategies for raising student achievement and by how much.
- Nine categories of instructional strategies are addressed--authors explain how these strategies maximize student learning and the details of each including:
- Studies in effect size and percentile gain units
- Guiding principles for using the strategies
- Classroom examples of model instructional practice
- Charts, frames, rubrics, organizers, and other tools--will help teachers to apply the strategies immediately in the classoom.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Classroom Instruction That Works : Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement: