This edition has also been released as:
Summary: More than 15 million people in this country earn their livings by serving clients, and their numbers are growing every day. Unfortunately, far too few develop the skills and strategies needed to rise to the top in a world where clients have almost unlimited access to information and expertise. Supported by more than one hundred case studies and wisdom gleaned from interviews with dozens of leading CEOs and prominent business advisors, Clients for Life identifies what ...show more clients really want and lays out the core qualities that distinguish the client advisor -- an irreplaceable resource -- from the expert for hire -- a tradable commodity. Edition/Copyright: 00
Portraits of history's most famously successful advisors, including Machiavelli, Sir Thomas More, and J. P. Morgan, underscore these timeless qualities that modern professionals need to develop to excel in today's competitive environment. ...show less
- Experts are specialists; advisors become deep generalists who have broad perspective.
- Experts are for hire; advisors have selfless independence, balancing client devotion with objectivity and detachment.
- Experts have professional credibility; advisors develop deep personal trust.
- Experts analyze; advisors synthesize and bring big-picture thinking to the table.
- Experts supply expertise and information; advisors are educators who provide insight and wisdom.
Publisher: Fireside Paperbacks
Year Published: 2000