Summary: The Clinical Companion to Accompany Health Assessment & Physical Examination, third edition, is a convenient and practical pocket-sized reference guide for health assessment. Designed to be used in the clinical setting, this essential resource provides a ready reference to assessment skills and physical examination techniques. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 06
- New content on such timely topics as intimate partner ...show moreviolence, transmission-based precautions, ductal lavage, and pain and its effects on the body.
- All assessment techniques follow a uniform IPPA format (inspection, palpation, percussion, auscultation) as well as the unique ENAP format (examination, normal findings, abnormal findings, pathophysiology).
- The pathophysiology for each abnormal finding accentuates its scientific nature and provides the user with a basis for making clinical decisions.
- The head to toe approach provides an easy to follow organization.
- Anatomy and physiology are reviewed in each assessment area.
- Individual chapters on the pregnant patient and pediatric patient outline variations in techniques and normal and abnormal findings.
Publisher: Delmar Learning
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Clinical Companion for Health Assessment: