Summary: For courses in psychiatric or mental health nursing. Edition/Copyright: 04
A portable and accessible guide, this clinical companion is an essential reference book for students. Provides DSM-IV-TR classifications, common diagnostic studies, over 20 clinical applications for mental health disorders, medications, and more. Can be a supplement to Fontaine 5e or Kneisl 1e.
- Nursing interventio ...show morens with rationales.
- Equips students with a working knowledge of the interventions that are highly effective in the nursing field today.
- Psychotropic medications with common side effects, drug class, generic name, and life threatening side effects.
- Informs students of specific medicinal and pharmacological information that is crucial to this field of work.
- Clinical applications for the most common problematic behaviors.
- Provides students with current applications for 20 common mental health disorders.
- Legal issues including the right to refuse treatment, confidentiality, and the least restrictive environment.
- Educates students on the legalities involved in various aspects of psychiatric health care.
- Different forms and practices of therapy, including individual, group, family, behavior modification, crisis intervention, and complementary and alternative therapies.
- Introduces students to several forms of therapy being practiced today.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.