Summary: Written for graduate students and practicing clinicians, this book provides comprehensive knowledge about understanding and conducting clinical research. Specifically, readers will learn to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different research methodologies, apply the results of research to clinical practice and decision making, and understand the importance of research ethics.
Importantly, this is the only book to take into account qualitative rese ...show morearch, evidence-based practice, and to provide a detailed discussion of research ethics.
* Introduction to Research.
* Research Ethics.
* Research Problems.
* Locating, Accessing and Assessing Information.
* Literature Reviews.
* Research Design and Strategy.
* Quantitative Research.
* Qualitative Research Methods.
* Multimethod Research.
* Reporting and Disseminating Research.
* Evaluating Tests and Treatments.
* Evidence-Based Practice: Application of Research to Clinical Practice.
* Research Grants.