Summary: Authentic stories told by adult newcomers and longer-term immigrants form the basis for this effective, humanistic, five-level adult ESL series. Organized around six relevant contexts: self, school, family, work, local community, and global community. The stories serve as springboards for lively activities which develop linguistic skills, vocabulary, and lifeskills competencies.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 97
- Series focuses on a ...show moreuthentic and richly illustrated stories told by newcomers to the U.S. and Canada.
- Materials promotes multicultural awareness, problem solving, and thinking skills needed in academic programs, GED study, and the workplace.
- Approach fosters active participation by students in their own learning.
- Workbooks, tapes, and teachers' kits provide more direct instruction on vocabulary, grammar, and lifeskills competencies introduced in the main text.
- Unit themes, such as: self, school, home, work, local community, global community are repeated at every level.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 1997