Summary: Emphasizing teamwork, leadership and technology, this text distinguishes itself in two major ways: (1) its emphasis on teamwork and leadership skills, and (2) its integration of ethics and diversity throughout. This text is timely because of the recent attention given to teams in business and industry, the examination of technology's role in small group communication, and the growing awareness that colleges should be challenging students to examine their own leadersh ...show moreip competence and understand the ethical and social implications of the groups in which they participate. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 00
- First book on the market to use the word "teams" in its title; focus on teamwork and leadership skills.
- Focus on skills rather than theory.
- Unique Chapter 7 on creative thinking in small groups.
- Cultural diversity, gender, and ethical issues are integrated throughout and treated as an integral part of quality teamwork.
- Strong, useful appendices on group formats and group reports.
- Leadership material discussed early (Ch. 2).
- New material on technology in small group communication integrated throughout including PowerPoint presentations, video conferencing, teleconferencing, telecommuting, group work tools, and Webbased presentations.
- Streamlined for greater accessibility.
- Length reduced, achieved by a "general" edit as well as the deletion of chapter 4 (placing relevant material in chapters 3 and 5).
- New photos and cartoons that promote currency.
- InfoTrac College Edition, an online database of fulllength articles from more than 900 scholarly and popular periodicals is available as a powerful option with this text
- Addition of one InfoTrac College Edition exercise per chapter.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2000
Other Editions of Communicating in Groups and Teams : Sharing Leadership: