Summary: This practical and concise text presents the essential information necessary for nursing care in community settings including homes, doctors' offices, clinics, schools, and work sites. It is written from a health promotion and illness prevention perspective. Community-based care for the major population groups across the lifespan are addressed.
* Content on nursing care settings, roles, and interventions is addressed to provide the information needed to pra ...show morectice throughout the community.
* Chapters about all ages of the lifespan children and adolescents, adults, and the elderly highlight issues unique to each age group.
* A chapter on women's health discusses health care specific to women.
* A chapter on communicable disease provides timely information on bioterrorism, as well as other important issues related to communicable diseases.
* A chapter on environmental health emphasizes the importance of this key subject.
* A Case Study at the beginning of each chapter presents a "real-life" clinical example related to the chapter topic.
* Key Points summarize the most important concepts in each chapter.
* Learning Activities and Application to Practice exercises provide the opportunity to apply chapter concepts in the classroom and in clinical settings.
20 more offers below.