Summary: Health promotion and illness prevention are the focus of this text designed to address the unique aspects of community-based nursing. Principles for community-based healthcare for the major population groups across the lifespan help you provide the best care for all of your clients. Common community settings, nursing roles, and interventions are explored. Be prepared for a wide range of situations with key topics such as environmental health, epidemiology, and commun ...show moreicable disease.
- Case studies that detail "real-life" clinical examples introduce each chapter.
- Learning Activities and Application to Practice exercises provide opportunities to apply learning and gain deeper understanding.
- Community Application boxes detail specific examples of the relevance of content to community-based nurses.
- Research Highlights, Health Teaching boxes, Healthy People 2010 boxes and other special features highlight key information for better understanding.
- Student Learning Resources on the companion Evolve website include helpful web links, a glossary, and assessment tools.
- Disaster content focuses on the nurse's role in both natural and man-made disasters, emphasizing preparedness and management.
- Culturally based health beliefs and practices are examined.
- Education and Health Teaching chapter provides processes, methods and tools to assist nurses in educating clients.
- Case Management chapter addresses the important skill of coordinating client care and services in the community.
- Updated information on current community issues, including childhood obesity, emerging infectious diseases (including SARS), telehealth, and refugees/evacuees/displaced people. ...show less
More prices and sellers below.