Summary: Designed for students who already possess a basic knowledge of Spanish, this conversation/composition text helps them develop the necessary language tools to enable them to function effectively while immersed in practical, real-life situations and to sharpen their reading and writing skills. Part I contains 9 lessons in which a family from the United States visits Spain; Part II presents 7 lessons focusing on Spanish America with new characters who evoke a d ...show moreifferent, yet similar, set of cultural and linguistic experiences. Features Edition/Copyright: 98
- Each lessons includes:
- A list of objectives - An overview and specific and challenging goals focusing on reading and conversation, vocabulary, ¡No me digas! (cultural blurbs), activities, grammar and composition.
- ¡La vida es así! (That's life!) - Each ¡La vida es así! centers on themes utilizing authentic dialogue with practical, up-to-date Spanish on real life situations such as visiting a travel agency, exchanging money at a bank, etc.
- ¿Recuerdas...? (Remember...?) - Questions that test students' recall and comprehension of the dialogues.
- Vocabulario práctico. (Practical vocabulary) - A listing of words and contemporary idiomatic expressions heard in Spain or Spanish America that are not usually found in elementary texts.
- ¡No me digas! (You don't say!) - Cultural notes written in Spanish that provide cultural snapshots of Hispanic people and their way of life, common in Spain and Spanish America but different in the United States.
- ¡A practicar! (Let's practice!) - Vocabulary exercises, e.g., fill in the blank, matching, dialogue completion, and definition based on the active vocabulary from the dialogues.
- Charlemos un poco. (Let's talk!) - Suggested activities for role-playing opportunities.
- Cuentáselo a la clase. (Tell the class!) - A set of exercises that encourages students to express personal and subjective views using the situation discussed in the lesson as a point of departure.
- Descripción del dibujó (Description of the illustration.) - An exercise that requires students to discuss their perception of an episode as depicted in illustrations and/or photographs.
- Repasito. (Review.) - A brief grammar review, written in Spanish, of one or two grammatical points with a short set of accompanying exercises.
- ¡A escribir! (Let's write!) - An exercise related to the conversation or dialogues.
- Provides an outline (Introducción, Desarrollo, and Conclusión) for developing and sharpening students' writing or speaking skills in a controlled and cohesive manner.
- End-of-text Vocabulary : Spanish/English lists vocabulary words that are most likely not part of the student's lexicon at the intermediate level. Page 219
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.