Summary: The 35 original essays in A Companion to Narrative Theory constitute the best available introduction to this vital and contested field of humanistic enquiry.
* Comprises 35 original essays written by leading figures in the field
* Includes contributions from pioneers in the field such as Wayne C. Booth, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
* Represents all the major critical approaches to narrative and investigates ...show moreand debates the relations between them
* Considers narratives in different disciplines, such as law and medicine
* Features analyses of a variety of media, including film, music, and painting
* Designed to be of interest to specialists, yet accessible to readers with little prior knowledge of the field
14 more offers below.