Summary: This competency-based hybrid text links communication theory with skills while emphasizing culture and ethics. Dan O'Hair is also author of Public Speaking: Challenges and Choices, new for 1999.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 97
- A competency-based hybrid for the introduction to communication course that links communication theory to everyday skills and emphasizes the important role of culture and ethics.
- Intercultural communi ...show morecation treated as an integral aspect of communication and covered throughout the book rather than isolated in a separate chapter.
- Integrated coverage of ethics in communication.
- Engaging exercises for self-analysis that focus on culture and ethics in every chapter help students improve a variety of communication skills.
- Chapter on organizational communication (chapter 12); opening and closing vignettes linked to chapter closing exercises; expanded coverage of critical listening skills; and expanded coverage of male and female language.
- Ancillary package includes an Instructor's Manual with key material for basic course directors; videos on interpersonal, group communication, and public speaking; color transparencies; computerized test-item file; and grading software.
Publisher: St. Martins Press, Inc.
Year Published: 1997