Summary: Both easy to use and highly informative, The Complete Guide to Psychiatric Drugs is an indispensable reference for both patients and professionals. Now in a revised and expanded edition, this up-to-date handbook supplies current information on the newest and most commonly used psychiatric drugs as well as the latest details regarding side effects, dosages, and precautions.
- Drawing upon his years of experi ...show moreence helping patients understand their illnesses and take charge of their treatments, top expert Dr. Edward Drummond covers vital topics that include:
- Is medication for you?
- What to discuss with your doctor before starting medication
- Do psychiatric drugs pose extra risks for you?
- How to start, monitor, and stop your medication
- Psychiatric syndromes and their treatment
The book also explores non-drug therapies such as dietary treatments, exercise, relaxation techniques, meditation, and self-hypnosis as well as information on how to combine drug, non-drug, and alternative therapies for maximum benefit.
The Complete Guide to Psychiatric Drugs: Straight Talk for Best Results, Revised and Expanded Edition gives you the facts so you can get better, with straight talk on the best new treatments for:
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 06
- Panic Attacks
- Agoraphobia and Phobias
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder and Mood Swings
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Drug Dependence
- Binge-Eating Disorder
- Acute Psychosis
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Delusional Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.