Summary: With emphasis on a hands-on approach to learning, this book gives you the knowledge needed to become a multi-skilled professional. Now printed in full-color, step-by-step photographs and summaries illustrate each procedure providing a visual guide for learning important skills. The third edition is updated to incorporate the numerous advances in safety equipment related to collection of a blood sample, and maintains its readability and concise manner of presentation. ...show moreEdition/Copyright: 3RD 06
- NEW! Updated to reflect the latest Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) standard procedures.
- NEW! New Full color text design includes full-color photographs, illustrations and identification charts.
- NEW! A New Section listing the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) Phlebotomist Competencies is added to the beginning of each chapter.
- NEW! Summary text boxes are added throughout the chapters to highlight important points.
- NEW! New chapters on Caring for the Pediatric Patient and "Specimen Preparation and Handling" are added.
- Step-by-step procedures illustrate and summarize important skills throughout the book.
- Competency check-off lists are included in an appendix to identify the key responsibilities of a phlebotomist.
- Multiple test questions at the end of each chapter provide important comprehension checks.
Publisher: Delmar Learning
Year Published: 2006