Summary: Designed for use in advanced composition courses, this text helps students develop abilities in composition tasks that reflect the kind of writing students are generally asked to perform as Spanish majors and minors. This revision responds to the growing interest in the development of functional, purposeful language skills, to the findings of writing research, and to the helpful reactions of those who have used this best-selling textbook throughout the years. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
< ...show moreBR> New to This Edition
- A new design provides a more contemporary look and improves the overall organization of content.
- A new preliminary chapter focuses on the differences between spoken and written language, and provides students with information and activities to help them develop basic writing skills.
- Sin falta, a new writing software CD-ROM developed in partnership with Ultralingua, Inc., is packaged with every new copy of this edition. It contains a word processor with a Spanish thesaurus, a dictionary, a spell-checker, and a grammar reference, among other useful tools.
- The new Rinc''el escritor ("Writer's Corner") feature highlights for students the useful tips and resources found on the text's new website.
- A new companion text-specific website offers additional Web-based research and writing exercises that can be submitted directly to the instructor.
- Writing exercises focus students on the needs of the reader and help them develop a repertoire of writing techniques, including peer-editing skills.
- The structure of each chapter models the stages of the writing process, helping to ensure that students will have done significant thinking about their topic and their reader before they begin to write.
- The text includes realistic models of different kinds of student writing, as well as models of analyses of each type.
- The text encourages students to view writing as an interaction among the writer, the reader, the purpose, and the message.
- Composic' treats grammatical skills as only one of several important attributes that writers need in order to communicate effectively.
- The Workbook helps student expand and refine a number of writing tools (control of grammar, range of vocabulary, rhetorical techniques for organizing information) as well as strategies for getting started. Each chapter begins with a section entitled P'nas personales, in which students perform a variety of prewriting tasks; grammar exercises that illustrate the explanations in the textbook also appear in the workbook, where students can check many of their own answers in an answer appendix.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Composicion : Proceso Y Sintesis - With CD: