For use in Auditing, Accounting Information Systems, and Intermediate Accounting courses.
The Comprehensive Assurance and Systems Tool (CAST) is an integrated practice set based upon a real company and designed to provide students with hands-on experience in preparing, using, and evaluating accounting information so that students can complete an audit.
- Based upon a real company.
- Provides students with hands-on exposure to real company forms and processes needed to evaluate company procedures and complete an audit.
- Provides alternative data sets so instructors may alternate data sets across semesters/quarters.
- Key components covered in the practice set-Include assurance services, manual accounting information systems, spreadsheet applications, general ledger software, and database design development.
- Appropriate for AIS and Auditing courses-Faculty may opt to use the practice set in a variety of ways depending upon their school preference. Course Version: CAST is available for three formats: standalone auditing, standalone AIS, or an integrated auditing and AIS practice set that can be across both courses.
- Integrated or stand-alone use in 3 formats -Faculty may opt to use the practice set in a variety of ways depending upon their school preference and students can see the benefit of creating and computerizing accounting systems-manual; using professional accounting software such as Peachtree; or using Access.
- Companion Website at www.prenhall.com/buckless-Contains many valuable resources to accompany CAST.
- Pricing to students-CAST may be packaged at a discount with selected Prentice Hall Accounting titles (ask your PH Representative for details).
- Direct competitor to Systems Understanding Aid by Arens and Wild.