Summary: For one-semester courses in Computer Ethics, Applied Ethics, Computers, Ethics and Society, Ethics and Information Systems, Computers and Society, or Social Effects of Technology. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 01
Written in clear, accessible prose, this text brings together philosophy, law, and technology. Provide a rigorous, in-depth exploration and analysis of a broad range of topics regarding the ethical implications of widespread use of computer technology. The approach is normative w ...show morehile also exposing the student to alternative ethical stances.
- NEW--Update on technological changes.
- Introduces students to the growth and integration of the Internet.
- NEW--On-line ethics.--Two new chapters on Internet ethics.
- Provides students with a balanced view of accountability, hacker ethics and civil behavior.
- NEW--Social implications and social values are addressed.
- Focuses students' attention on the relationship between technology and social change, and values and technology.
- NEW--Focus on global issues and systems of trust.
- Introduces students to the digital divide and freedom of expression issues.
- Background in philosophical ethics.
- Offers students grounding in the topic.
- Short scenarios begin each chapter.
- Involves students in the topic quickly and solidifies subject matter.
- Study questions.
- Helps students identify and absorb important ideas and points.
- Suggested further reading.
- Provides students with resources for additional research.
- Current ethical issues analyzed.
- Helps students identify the new and old in computer ethics
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2001
Other Editions of Computer Ethics: