Summary: This ground-breaking text stresses modern ideas, including simulation and interpretation of results. It focuses on aspects of probability most relevant to applied uses such as stochastic modeling, Markov chains, reliability, and queuing. Edition/Copyright: 95
- Conveys the idea that matrix algebra is an essential tool for a number of advanced statistical and mathematical techniques without assuming ...show more(as most texts do) that students have sufficient command of this subject.
- Elementary parameter estimation and data analysis techniques are used as key components of the model-building process.
- Small to moderate programming tasks are assigned in pseudo-code.
- Concrete examples precede and motivate the theory.
- Contains numerous graphics. Chapter 10 covers reliability models.
Publisher: Duxbury Press
Year Published: 1995