This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This text has been well regarded by both students and instructors for its superior conceptual approach to physics, chemistry, astronomy, and earth sciences. Working from the premise that students learn best from what they already know, the authors use many interesting analogies and everyday examples to clarify concepts. Consistent, high-quality coverage of all topics includes critical thinking exercises, review questions, and computational problems. A unique art prog ...show moreram, with many figures drawn by the authors, is enhanced with illustrations by geology artist Dennis Targa. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 99
- Content, particularly in chemistry and earth sciences, has been revised to achieve consistent level and balanced coverage for all topics.
- Exercise sets include many more computational problems for instructors wishing to assign them.
- Each part ends with multiple choice questions to test student understanding.
- The book continues to focus on the comprehension of concepts rather than just number-crunching.
- End-of-chapter material facilitates learning. Review questions provide an overview of central text discussions, critical thinking exercises encourage students to contemplate what they have read, and problems involving simple calculations illustrate concepts.
Publisher: Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 1999
Other Editions of Conceptual Physical Science: