Summary: 1. How Do We Know?
2. How Do We Find Out? The Logic, Art, and Ethics of Scientific Discovery.
3. Moving From Fact to Truth: Validity, Reliability, and Measurement.
4. Moving From Notions to Numbers: Psychological Measurement.
5. How Do We Misinterpret? Common Threats to Validity.
6. Nonexperimental Research Designs.
7. Experience Carefully Planned: Experimental Research Designs.
8. Experience Carefully Exploited: Quasi-Experimental Rese ...show morearch Designs.
9. Choosing the Right Research Design.
10. A Brief Course in Statistics.
11. Telling the World About It.
12. Putting Your Knowledge to Work: 20 Methodology Problems.
Appendix 1. Hands-On Activities.
Appendix 2. Methodology Exercises.
Appendix 3. How to Describe the Results of Statistical Analyses.
Appendix 4. The Role of Status in Producing Depressed Entitlement in Women's and Men's Pay Allocations.
Subject Index. ...show less
23 more offers below.