Summary: First published in 1995, the 3rd edition Construction Surveying and Layout has been brought to a new level of excellence by expanded details, new step-by-step processes, numerous "how-to" methods, and down-to-earth tips and techniques. Full of superbly detailed illustrations, this creative book contains enhanced chapters, new chapters, added resources, and improved layout for easier referencing, reading, and learning.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 03
This text is intended for those who are learning or performing surveying field measurement and layout processes. It is suitable for technical and college-level courses in construction sciences, building construction, and civil engineering, and is recommended as a reference for contractors, construction management, engineering, architectural, and design-build firms. With an emphasis on eliminating mistakes and reducing errors, many companies use this text as their field surveying training manual, or provide it to layout personnel for self-study and personal improvement of field and calculation techniques. Anyone who is involved in construction should have this as a resource available for its common-sense approach to surveying and layout activities.
- Revised chapters present a more logical arrangement of topics for improved learning.
- More than 100 detailed step-by-step surveying measuring and calculating processes to make understanding easier.
- Over 1400 in-depth illustrations showing how to perform field and office work activities.
- A combination of English and metric measurements and calculations, as well as refreshers on mathematics, conversions, and useful tables.
- 500 additional questions and problems.
- Nearly 100 field and office exercises and activities to enhance knowledge.
- Chapter summaries that identify Important Points as well as Mistakes and Errors from practicing surveyors and field engineers.
- Easy-style reading with key points and "rules of thumb" identified.
Publisher: Creative Construction Publishing
Year Published: 2003