This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This text is a streamlined rewrite of the basic financial management chapters from the big Moyer, McGuigan, and Kretlow, Contemporary Financial Management text. It provides a brief introduction to financial management, incorporating the big book's shareholder wealth maximization and cash flow management focus, with emphasis on international financial management and ethical behavior of managers. In addition, the text provides many worked-out spreadsheet examples to pr ...show moreovide an even greater applications approach to financial management.Edition/Copyright: 05
- Chapter Introductions/Objectives: Begin each chapter to provide a sample of what will follow in the chapter and an indication of what the important points will be.
- Video Icons: Accessed through the Moyer Xtra! Web site, difficult concepts are illustrated from each chapter and explained via streaming video and animated tutorials.
- Intuitive use of Notation: Notation in the text is simplified and intuitive to aid learning. Summary of the key notation used throughout the book is located on back cover.
- Finance In the News: Notes remind readers to check the Finance In the News resource on the South-Western Finance Resource Center for current article synopses related to chapter topics.
- FinanceLinks Online: Accessed through the South-Western Finance Resource Center, users learn about Internet links that provide data and information.
- Corporate Finance Online: Resource available at the South-Western Finance Resource Center providing additional information on chapter topics, in brief, bite-sized chunks.
- Thomson ONE - Business School Edition exercises at the ends of selected chapters. Thomson ONE - Business School Edition is a Web-based product that gives integrated access to Thomson Financial content for the purpose of financial analysis, providing a full range of fundamental financials, earnings estimates, and market data for hundreds of real-world companies.
- Real World Applications: Tie finance to timely issues highlighted in the popular press and business journals.
- Xtra! an optional FREE bundle item that contains: Electures, Ask the Author videos, CNN videos, Problems Bank, and Xtra! Quizzing for students!
- Concept Check Questions: Quizzes readers on their understanding of the material, and lets them know if they've mastered the topics.
- Calculator Application Illustrations: Step-by-step calculator keystrokes set up in a generic calculator format and can be used with virtually any financial calculator.
- Excel Problems and Examples: Throughout the text, many examples are solved using both calculator and spreadsheet solutions. Excel examples and problems are highlighted with an icon and Excel templates are available on the text Web site.
- Examples, Figures, and Tables: Provide visual aid to facilitate understanding of the concepts being discussed.
- Chapter Summaries: Located at the ends of chapters, to sum up the concepts covered.
- Self-test Problems: Each chapter includes end-of-chapter self-test problems, complete with detailed solutions, that readers can use for further practice and enhanced understanding of the concepts developed in the chapter. Select answers to some of the regular end-of-chapter problems appear at the end of the text.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Contemporary Financial Management Fundamentals With Thomson One: