Summary: Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 4th Edition is a comprehensive, user-friendly text that offers dental students and practitioners an excellent opportunity to understand the basic principles of fixed prosthodontics. This text provides a strong foundation in basic science, followed by practical step-by-step clinical applications. Procedures are presented in an organized, systematic format, and are illustrated by over 3,000 clear, high-quality drawings and photographs ...show more, now in full-color. The material is logically divided into sections that cover planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures. The text also includes two invaluable appendices that provide an updated list of dental materials and equipment, as well as a guide to manufacturers.
* Follows ADEA curriculum guidelines for fixed prosthodontics
* Features hundreds of step-by-step procedures
* Integrates basic science with clinical applications
* End-of-chapter glossaries consistent! with the most recent edition of The Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms (see above)
* Text boxes scattered throughout present quick facts and tips about selected artwork
* Selected key terms presented at the beginning of each chapter and set in bold type within the text facilitates rapid information retrieval
* Essay format study questions offer the reader an opportunity to test his or her knowledge and comprehension after reading each chapter
* Updated references support concepts presented in each chapter.
* Valuable appendices on dental materials/equipment and manufacturers.
* 15 contributors collaborate with the editors to present up-to-date information and state-of-the-art techniques in prosthodontics. ...show less