This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This topically organized anthology-replete with problem cases, illuminating introductory essays, and end- of-chapter study questions--engages students in a variety of contemporary moral debates. Combining divergent viewpoints on a number of timely issues and an introduction to the major currents of thought in the history of Western ethics, White's CONTEMPORARY MORAL PROBLEMS, Seventh Edition provides students with a proven roadmap through the compelling and contentio ...show moreus arena of today's most pressing moral problems.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 03
- NEW! A new chapter on the ethics of war and terrorism provides analytic depth to an issue of primary importance in today's headlines.
- NEW! New cases, added throughout the text, reassert the timeliness and real-world importance of exploring these ethical issues.
- NEW! 27 new readings enhance both the coverage of topics addressed in previous editions as well as the coverage of new topics: embryonic stem cell research, same-sex marriage, drugs.
- NEW! New Web links at the end of each chapter direct students to additional readings and information.
- Moral problems receive both classical and contemporary coverage encompassing a variety of divergent positions in each instance.
- Pedagogical aids such as study/discussion questions, backgrounds to the readings, summaries of conclusions and arguments for the readings, and bios of the philosophers enable students to identify more rapidly the key ideas developed in each reading.
- Compelling problem cases in every chapter help students to situate ethical ideas within real world contexts.
- Additional cases available on the Web, free to users via a password (contact your local Wadsworth Sales Representative).
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2003