Summary: CONTEMPORARY NURSING examines the current and historical factors shaping the nursing profession. Each chapter begins with "real-life" vignettes and focuses on key issues such as trends in nursing education, the health care delivery system, and nursing practices; nursing research; cultural competence; and clinical information systems. Units on Professional Survival Strategies and Career Management are an excellent resource for new nurses. For those further a ...show morelong the career path, an expansive leadership and management section lays out the essential skills required of a nursing leader or manager. You'll even find lists of professional nursing organizations and state boards in the appendix. Features Edition/Copyright: 99
- Each chapter begins with real-life vignettes designed to pique interest and aid retention
- Integrates learning outcomes to provide the student with a clear understanding of the outcomes expected after reading each chapter.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter provoke further thought and help develop critical thinking skills.
- Offers viewpoints of well-known contributors that represent diversity in academic preparation, credentialing, professional role and setting, race, gender, and geographic region
- Incorporates strategies for nurses making the transition from student to practitioner and for passing the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Provides information on communication effectively with clients, families and your health care team.
- Includes chapters on research, legal issues, effective delegation and supervision, surviving challenging environments, clinical information systems, and job searching.
- Special appendices provide a list of addresses of Nursing Organizations, the State Boards of Nursing, the State Nursing Associations and the Canadian Associations in the appendices, providing important contact information and Internet addresses.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 1999