Summary: Now in full color, this 3rd edition prepares nursing students to meet today's top challenges, including information technology, disaster management, cultural awareness, and the changing health care delivery system. It provides a comprehensive overview of historic and current trends and issues, all of which help to define new nurses' roles and responsibilities. Integrating human behavior with mastery of concepts and technical skills, this is an ideal resource for stud ...show moreents moving into the nursing profession. Instructor resources available.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 05
New to this Edition
- Contributing authors are nationally recognized scholars and experts in their fields.
- Real-life vignettes open each chapter, depicting the chapter content and piquing student interest. These case studies are followed by key terms and learning objectives.
- Expanded chapter on Complementary and Alternative Healing focuses on including these increasingly popular therapies into traditional patient care.
- Current issues are examined, such as the nursing shortage, ethical and bioethical issues, legal issues, workplace advocacy, and cultural competency.
- Leadership and Management in Nursing unit expands coverage of essential skills including how to communicate effectively, how to resolve conflicts, how to supervise, and how to delegate.
- Career Management unit offers information about career opportunities, job hunting, time management, and preparing for the NCLEX® exam.
- Evidence-based research is stressed throughout.
- Critical Thinking questions provoke thought and help your students apply what they've learned.
- A full-color design.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response to Today's World chapter equips students with the competencies needed to research, prepare, and react to disasters.
- Nursing in the Evolving Health Care Delivery System chapter has been carefully revised to reflect factors that are forcing significant changes, such as the innovations in technology.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Contemporary Nursing: