Summary: Thomas Hungerford's CONTEMPORARY PRECALCULUS text is highly praised and well respected for its clear writing, outstanding applications problems, and integration of technology. Many adopters like the use of real data in examples and exercises, and they appreciate the flexibility of the book. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 07
New to the Edition
- Real data in examples and exercises have been updated and many new ones have ...show more been added to support modeling and to help motivate students.
- Instructors are provided greater flexibility in trigonometry; the unit circle approach is presented first in the text, but if they prefer to begin with triangle trigonometry, they can do so by using two alternate sections.
- Coverage of Analytic Geometry has been expanded.
- An optional chapter on limits has been added to the text, for those who wish to introduce this topic in preparation for calculus.
- A "Catalog of Basic Functions" now appears at appropriate places in the text and on the endpapers, allowing students to quickly reference these key ideas.
- There is now an optional section on variation for those who want to cover this topic.
- Fuller treatment of similar triangles has been added to the Geometry Review Appendix, to help students who are weak in Geometry.
- Technology Tips have been simplified and made more easily readable.
- Every new copy of this text is packaged with our suite of online tutorial services. With this mastery system, your students have dynamic, flexible online tutorial resources at their fingertips. By entering a PIN code packaged with their textbook, students gain access to text-specific tutorials with step-by-step explanations, exercises and quizzes and vMentor, live---one-on-one help from an experienced mathematics tutor. For instructors, we offer highly customizable testing, course management, and diagnostic online resources that provide a dynamic way to power your course.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Contemporary Precalculus - Media Updated Edition -With CD: