on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Respected for its detailed guidance in using technology, CONTEMPORARY PRECALCULUS: A GRAPHING APPROACH, Fifth Edition, is written from the ground up to be used with graphing calculators that you may be using in your precalculus course. You'll appreciate that the text has also long been recognized for its careful, thorough explanations and its presentation of mathematics in an informal yet mathematically precise manner. The authors also emphasize the all-important ''why?'' of mathemat ...show moreics--which is addressed in both the exposition and in the exercise sets by focusing on algebraic, graphical, and numerical perspectives. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 09
1. BASICS. The Real Number System. Special Topics: Decimal Representation of Real Numbers. Solving Equations Algebraically. Special Topics: Absolute Value Equations. Special Topics: Variation. The Coordinate Plane. Lines. Discovery Project: Modeling the Real World with Lines.
2. GRAPHS AND TECHNOLOGY. Graphs. Solving Equations Graphically and Numerically. Applications of Equations. Optimization Applications. Linear Models. Discovery Project: Supply and Demand.
3. FUNCTIONS AND GRAPHS. Functions. Function Notation. Graphs of Functions. Special Topics: Graph Reading. Graphs and Transformations. Special Topics: Symmetry. Operations on Functions. Rates of Change. Inverse Functions. Discovery Project: Feedback: Good and Bad.
4. POLYNOMIAL AND RATIONAL FUNCTIONS. Quadratic Functions. Polynomial Functions. Special Topics: Synthetic Division. Real Roots of Polynomials. Graphs of Polynomial Functions. Special Topics: Polynomial Models. Rational Functions. Special Topics: Other Rational Functions. Polynomial and Rational Inequalities. Special Topics: Absolute Value Inequalities. Complex Numbers. Theory of Equations. Discovery Project: Architectural Arches.
5. EXPONENTIAL AND LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS. Radicals and Rational Exponents. Special Topics: Radical Equations. Exponential Functions. Special Topics: Compound Interest and the Number e. Common and Natural Logarithmic Functions. Properties of Logarithms. Special Topics: Logarithmic Functions to Other Bases. Algebraic Solutions of Exponential and Logarithmic Equations. Exponential, Logarithmic, and Other Models. Discovery Project: Exponential and Logistic Modeling of Diseases.
6. TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS. Angles and Their Measurement. The Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Functions. Alternate: The Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Functions. Algebra and Identities. Basic Graphs. Periodic Graphs and Simple Harmonic Motion. Special Topics: Other Trigonometric Graphs. Other Trigonometric Functions. Discovery Project: Pistons and Flywheels.
7. TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES AND EQUATIONS. Basic Identities and Proofs. Addition and Subtraction Identities. Special Topics: Lines and Angles. Other Identities. Inverse Trigonometric Functions. Trigonometric Equations. Discovery Project: The Sun and the Moon.
8. TRIANGLE TRIGONOMETRY. Trigonometric Functions of Angles. Alternate: Trigonometric Functions of Angles. Applications of Right Triangle Trigonometry. The Law of Cosines. The Law of Sines. Special Topics: The Area of a Triangle. Discovery Project: Life on a Sphere.
9. APPLICATIONS OF TRIGONOMETRY. The Complex Plane and Polar Form for Complex Numbers. DeMoivreï¿½ s Theorem and nth Roots of Complex Numbers. Vectors in the Plane. The Dot Product. Discovery Project: Surveying.
10. ANALYTIC GEOMETRY. Circles and Ellipses. Hyperbolas. Parabolas. Rotations and Second-Degree Equations. Special Topics: Rotation of Axes. Plane Curves and Parametric Equations. Polar Coordinates. Polar Equations of Conics. Discovery Project: Designing Machines to Make Designs.
11. SYSTEMS OF EQUATIONS. Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables. Special Topics: Systems of Nonlinear Equations. Large Systems of Linear Equations. Matrix Methods for Square Systems. Discovery Project: Input-Output Analysis.
12. DISCRETE ALGEBRA. Sequences and Sums. Arithmetic Sequences. Geometric Sequences. Special Topics: Infinite Series. The Binomial Theorem. Mathematical Induction. Discovery Project: Taking Your Chances.
13. LIMITS AND CONTINUITY. Limits of Functions. Properties of Limits. Special Topics: The Formal Definition of Limit. Continuity. Limits Involving Infinity. Discovery Project: Black Holes.
Digital Rights Management (DRM) Key
Printing - Books that cannot be printed will show "Not Allowed." Otherwise, this will detail the number of times it can be printed, or "Allowed with no limits."
Expires - Books that have no expiration (the date upon which you will no longer be able to access your eBook) will read "No Expiration." Otherwise it will state the number of days from activation (the first time you actually read it).
Reading Aloud - Books enabled with the "text-to-speech" feature so that they can be read aloud will show "Allowed."
Sharing - Books that cannot be shared with other computers will show "Not Allowed."
Min. Software Version - This is the minimum software version needed to read this book.
Suitable Devices - Hardware known to be compatable with this book. Note: Reader software still needs to be installed.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.