This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This flexible, comprehensive intermediate program is designed to consolidate the language skills acquired at the introductory level, develop communicative skills, and enhance cultural awareness. In the Sixth Edition, the scope and sequence of the text have been restructured to introduce selected grammar topics earlier. The new edition also features fully updated cultural information, a new four-color design, many revised dialogues with new activities, and additional ...show moreexamples in Estructuras sections. The completely revised ¡Continuemos! video builds students' listening skills and cultural awareness through authentic footage correlated to the chapter themes, and the new text-specific Continuemos Web site offers a self-testing section for student practice, cultural materials related to text chapters, task-based activities, and a discussion forum for instructors. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 99
- The text's introductory section, ¡Bienvenidos al mundo hispánico!, offers full-color maps; a list of countries, capitals, and nationalities; and questions on the geography of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Dialogues present language in realistic contexts, followed by Comprensión and Charlemos activities that check students' comprehension, encourage communication, and reinforce active vocabulary.
- Palabras problemáticas clarify nuances in word usage that often cause difficulties for native speakers of English.
- Estructuras gramaticales segments explain grammar points clearly and succinctly in English and provide numerous examples.
- Práctica features reinforce the grammar points through exercises ranging from controlled drills to open-ended, personalized, and contextualized activities.
- ¿Cuánto sabe usted ahora? sections include directed and open-ended activities that synthesize the lesson's grammar and vocabulary.
- Continuemos... sections expand students' active vocabulary base by introducing additional expressions related to the lesson's theme.
- De esto y aquello... end-of-lesson activities place pairs and groups of students in realistic, communicative situations related to the lesson theme.
- Lecturas periodísticas present authentic readings from newspapers and magazines, accompanied by pre- and post-reading activities, to expand students' cultural knowledge.
- Teleinforme pre- and post-viewing activities, correlated to the ¡Continuemos! video, reinforce the video's cultural content and check comprehension.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Continuemos!: