Summary: This flexible, comprehensive Spanish program explores a variety of engaging themes as it consolidates the language skills acquired at the introductory level and focuses on building communication skills and cultural competency. The core text combines a comprehensive review and expansion of the basic structures of Spanish with high-frequency vocabulary, intensive practice, and contextualized and personalized opportunities for communication. Linked by themes, structures ...show more, and vocabulary, the grammar review text and companion texts (¡Conversemos!, 3/e, and Aventuras literarias, 6/e) may be used together in any combination or independently to prepare students for continued success with the Spanish language.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 03
- Accessible, contextualized language: Each lesson opens with a thematic passage introducing new vocabulary and grammar that will be practiced throughout the lesson. To aid in acquisition and independent study, grammar explanations are presented clearly and succinctly in English, with numerous examples of usage. Where appropriate, students are exposed to nuances and challenges in usage and meaning, exceptions to grammar rules, and comparisons with English and Spanish.
- Expanded listening-skills practice throughout each lesson builds students' confidence, preparing them for real-life listening situations and interactions. New listening material ranges from slow-paced narrations to faster-paced conversations and songs, exposing learners to increasingly challenging tasks.
- An emphasis on vocabulary acquisition: additional, related vocabulary, enables learners to converse about target themes early and contextualized and open-ended practice provides realistic situations and opportunities for the creative use of active vocabulary.
- Careful recycling of cultural facts and active vocabulary promotes recognition and production acquisition as well as comprehension. Material recurs in grammar examples and explanations, practice, and in ¡Continuemos!, the cumulative end-of-lesson section.
- Each lesson features a specific geographic country or region, with coverage that ranges from practices, products, and perspectives to cross-cultural comparisons.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Continuemos! (Workbook / Laboratory Manual):