Summary: This flexible, comprehensive Spanish program explores a variety of engaging themes as it consolidates the language skills acquired at the introductory level and focuses on building communication skills and cultural competency. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 03
- A flexible, skill-building program: Linked by themes, structures, and vocabulary, the grammar review text and companion texts (¡Conversemos!, 3/e, and Aventuras literarias, ...show more6/e) may be used together in any combination or independently to prepare students for continued success with the Spanish language.
- Comprehensive, balanced coverage: The core text combines a comprehensive review and expansion of the basic structures of Spanish with high-frequency vocabulary, intensive practice, and contextualized and personalized opportunities for communication.
- Accessible, contextualized language: Each lesson opens with a thematic passage introducing new vocabulary and grammar that will be practiced throughout the lesson. To aid in acquisition and independent study, grammar explanations are presented clearly and succinctly in English, with numerous examples of usage. Where appropriate, students are exposed to nuances and challenges in usage and meaning, exceptions to grammar rules, and comparisons with English and Spanish.
- New! The scope and sequence has been streamlined to 10 lessons to enhance the program's manageability.
- Updated! The progressive, engaging, thematic coverage now features four new topics, chosen for their cultural relevance and success in generating student interaction: personal relationships, Spanish American cuisines, the Latin presence in entertainment worldwide, work and technology. In addition, five new readings strengthen the diverse thematic coverage of this edition.
- New! Expanded listening-skills practice throughout each lesson builds students' confidence, preparing them for real-life listening situations and interactions. New listening material ranges from slow-paced narrations to faster-paced conversations and songs, exposing learners to increasingly challenging tasks.
- New! A greater emphasis on vocabulary acquisition: additional, related vocabulary, enables learners to converse about target themes early and contextualized and open-ended practice provides realistic situations and opportunities for the creative use of active vocabulary.
- New! Careful recycling of cultural facts and active vocabulary promotes recognition and production acquisition as well as comprehension. Material recurs in grammar examples and explanations, practice, and in ¡Continuemos!, the cumulative end-of-lesson section.
- New! To build students' competency, promote discussion, and expand students' knowledge of the diverse cultures of the Spanish-speaking world, each lesson features a specific geographic country or region, with coverage that ranges from practices, products, and perspectives to cross-cultural comparisons.
- New! Specially designed, carefully paced learning strategies support student success. Each lesson focuses on specific or combined strategies for reading and process-based writing to foster students' independence as critical thinkers.
- New! Expanded teaching and learning resources include a range of integrated print and technology-based components that make the ¡Continuemos!, program flexible enough to meet a variety of curricular needs.
Cover: Multimedia Set
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt