Summary: For one/two term Junior/Senior-level courses in Cost/Management Accounting. Also suitable for MBA level courses. Edition/Copyright: 11TH 03
This acclaimed, number one market-leading text embraces the basic theme of "different costs for different purposes." It reaches beyond cost accounting procedures to consider concepts, analyses, and management.
- NEW--Emphasis on strategy and accou ...show morenting in the new economy throughout--e.g., strategy and implementation are now linked (starting in Chapter 1), with an emphasis given to the management accountant's role; new material is added to "Enhancing the Value of Management Accounting Systems" to further emphasize the management accountant's role in improving cost, quality, time, etc.
- Enhances students' understanding of cost accounting and cost management by teaching them how to calculate the cost of products, services, and other cost objects; obtain information for planning and control and performance evaluation; and recognize the relevant information for decision making.
- NEW--Chapter-end Decision Points.
- Summarizes the key cost accounting issue managers must consider when making decisions.
- NEW--Instructor Course Organizer CD-ROM--Contains every print and technology ancillary. Free upon adoption.
- Makes it extremely easy for faculty to 1) customize any supplement, 2) access any supplement while using a computer, and 3) transport "the entire package" from home, to class, to office.
- NEW--Student CD-ROM--Contains a rich assortment of tools (PowerPoints, spreadsheets, and videos).
- Aids students in learning cost accounting topics.
- NEW--Margin Notes in the Student Edition.
- Highlights key points, provide greater relevance, and improve overall readability.
- NEW--Step-by-step Excel application problems.
- Enables students to see how to build their own Excel spreadsheets to solve cost accounting problems.
- NEW--Chapter-end Internet exercises.
- Allows students to gain experience using the Internet to solve cost accounting problems.
- NEW--Streaming Videos (from www.prenhall.com/horngren)--Linked with the Chapter-Opening Vignettes.
- Students can see how real companies face real cost accounting issues; these set the stage for the chapter content to be introduced.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Cost Accounting - With CD: