This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The most practical, real-world presentation of cost accounting on the market, this book blends a traditional and proven method of teaching cost accounting with the integration of innovative topics. Cost topics are covered in the context of organizational strategy and operational tactics, as cost management decisions are sensitive to strategies driven by quality, cost, and innovation. Kinney, Prather-Kinsey, and Raiborn reinforce the material with real-world examples ...show moreand visual illustrations that bring cost management techniques into the student's sphere of understanding. A flexible organization appropriate for either a one- or two- semester course--coupled with clear and abundant visual presentations--allows students to clearly understand difficult topics. The text's revised organizational structure streamlines chapter materials as well as reduces redundancy between cost accounting and other business courses.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 06
- NEW! Current Content: New and exciting visual presentations provide an excellent pedagogy for students' understanding. An increased emphasis on ethics and strategy, and on the impact of technology, make this edition more current and relevant than ever.
- NEW! A New Organization: The text has been organized into two parts--''Foundations'' and ''Innovations''--so that the authors' discussions of the fundamentals of cost accounting are balanced with coverage of innovative cost management practices.
- NEW! A New Comprehensive Review Section: This section contains a complete review of the chapter material, offering a bulleted chapter summary, solution strategies, and a comprehensive demonstration problem. Many interesting and informative ''infographics'' have been included to further enhance each topic. ''Pop-up questions'' and other visuals have been sprinkled within the text.
- Reader-Oriented: This text provides a solid blend of concepts and practices to help readers clearly understand how to solve real-world problems. The material is interesting, thought provoking, and written in a manner that is easy to comprehend. This text has been highly rated by readers for its student-friendly approach and interest level.
- Topical Coverage: This book presents issues being used in today's dynamic business organizations--for example, business process re-engineering, downsizing and restructuring, workforce diversity, economic resource planning, strategic alliances, open-book management, e-commerce, and more.
- Real-World Focus: Using a different real-world company for every chapter and presenting opening and closing vignettes of actual companies, this text provides a real-world focus and is replete with discussions of real companies.
- Stand-Alone Structure: The chapters are written in a stand-alone fashion, giving the instructor considerable flexibility in tailoring chapter sequence coverage.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Cost Accounting: